Friday, June 20, 2008

Clipped...finally.



Hello readers, (like there is some vast following out there keeping up with our scribbles)


Do we have some news for you! Our little man finally got his little man taken care of. Just wanted to headline with that considering the concern shown by all. So now we can rest easy, but I'd rather not make this post all about that, and the vaseline involved, or the speed of flow rating listed on the side of the bottle nipples, or the length of time breast milk can sit out on the counter. So...




I'll back up a bit and share some of the more special times we have had as a family in the past week. Like when Lindsey and I had quiet time in the hospital with the sound of our soon to be born son's heartbeat coming out of the machine, or the quiet time the next morning with Grayson's nine hour old hand gripping my finger the whole time. Everyone in the world should have a child. I know what you're thinking, not everyone! Yes, everyone. With no exceptions, just a few conditions. I said I wasn't going to talk about circumcision, but the first condition would be that you allow your heart to be circumscised. John Eldridge talks a lot about this in Ransomed Heart. Having a child will change your life and the lives of those close to you if you have allowed your hearts to be skint back exposing the fresh, sensitive parts that for years have been covered with calloused build up preventing true emotion. A second condition would be automatically met during the birthing process given the first condition was fulfilled, and that is that they recognize the source of life can come only from the source of love, our Divine Creator and Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ. The third condition would also build on the first two, and that would be a commitment to raise the child with the truth found in condition two and all the subsequent truths stemming from the first. These would dictate the way this new life was lived, and the pattern would eventually lead to this world being a lot less messy for us all.




Okay, so I didn't share a bunch of memorable stories of the past eight days. Honestly, stories about sleeping and pooping would probably bore you anyway. So as "the pump" drones on in the background, I leave you with this: Circumcise yourself. (your heart that is)
>Jason<


4 comments:

Our Home said...

At first, given the title and all, I was interested to see what all you were going to share about circumcision! But WOW-you did a wonderful job of painting a beautiful picture of how we all need to have our hearts "circumcised"! I am walking away this morning with some nuggets of truth to ponder. I have some very gifted bros. Love you-sis
P.S. Keep the vaseline thick-it is a process of healing, even after the initial cut!

Jim said...

Thats good stuff bro

Anonymous said...

How did you learn to do all this? My generation cannot keep up with you! I am constantly amazed at what you write on your blog! I am fascinated by what you tell. I cannot wait to see my little grandson, Grayson, again, and of course, you and Lindsey, too! I am doubly blessed to have two beautiful grandsons almost at once (two months apart). Our God is so good to us! I pray that God will bless your sweet little family!
Mom (or G'ma Sha)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say. This is all so awesome to me. I don't know how to express myself. I am so proud of this family and the joy that we receive through it.
Your loving great-grandma (to Grayson) and grandma (to Jason),
"GG)

Mood music if you want

Jason's Pics