Monday, May 4, 2009

Easter baskets, another wedding, and Amelia Island's Shrimp Festival!

So, yet again, I am grateful for blogs, but not when they won't let you move your pictures around! So, as not to dwell on that...this post tells the story of our weekend backwards, but maybe all for the best!
We actually started the weekend celebrating Easter with Mimi and Papa since they couldn't be here on the actual day and yet again we found a great place to eat, Lulu's! Then, we got up Saturday morning and headed to St. Simon's Island to celebrate with one of my life long friends, Stephanie, get married at the beautiful Ocean Lodge! After much laughing and catching up with friends and my parents, we headed home but not before making one more stop! That is where this story (in pictures) begins...or ends!
Amelia Island Shrimp Festival, our last stop of the weekend!
Just one of the cool art exhibits downtown
Kissing on my little man!
The festival was pretty neat, and we didn't get any pictures with our good friends, Bryan and Dana, who told us about it, maybe next year with baby Foltice too!
I liked this shot Jason took!
Mommy and Grayson
Daddy and Grayson (love those smiles!)

Note, it is hard, if not impossible to get a group shot when the wind is blowing...this is the closest one I got! These are some of my best friends from Carrollton, I grew up with these beautiful (inside and out) girls! Ava and Grayson were born in the same month and I think Grayson was excited at yet another potential girlfriend for the future...
Dana's mother and Ava & my mom and Grayson... grandmother's getting to show off their little ones!
Marcia is like a mother to me and it was awesome to see her with Grayson...
Everyone has to touch Grayson's hair, those soft curls!
My dad and Mrs. Deese, the bride's mom...all of the Carrollton crowd was there!
The happy couple!
I just loved this shot of Stephanie and her dad as they made their way down the isle.
Ahh, a family picture...of course as I have mentioned before the art of catching all three of us looking at the camera may be likended to catching a wild animal! Oh, my mom MADE Grayson's outfit and my aunt did the monogramming...they just spew creativity!!!
So his mouth is full of food, but I had to have this picture with a hat on...read on to find out why!
Grayson NEVER wears a hat for long, and we were all shocked when he wore this hat the entire time as he, Mimi, and Papa opened up the basket!

How do we get into this thing?
Okay Mimi, what can we try now? Cherry flavored puffs, yum!
Well, we ended the blog with the first part of the weekend and I think it might be fitting...Grandparents are such a blessing in so many ways, the Easter baskets filled with goodies are wonderful...the great food, amazing...but what makes my heard melt is seeing my mom and dad with my son, making memories!

1 comment:

Our Home said...

That is one adorable little boy and great looking family shot~! I love the little outfit your mom and aunt did! Too cute! And what a beautiful bride-glad ya'll caught up with some good friends! Love ya~

Mood music if you want

Jason's Pics